Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A week off...

I've been off of work this past week and had a million and one things I wanted to do with my week and here I am late in the afternoon on Thursday with only a few of those items completed. C'est la vie. I feel like c'est la vie is becoming my new life motto. I say it all the time recently. When things are out of my control or go wrong I just realize that life brings craziness and "that's life."

I feel like a lot of my life is all over the place right now. Josiah is busier than ever and now I have to actually chase after him and don't get to put him down in one location and he stays. I'm happy to do this all day long, but geesh it's tiring! Work is very busy as we are in the middle of summer camps. Working out is getting intense now that we're 4 weeks away from the half marathon. Our home buying process is getting stressful as we thought we were very close and put in our 30 day notice to our landlord for September 1 and now it looks like we won't close until mid-September. I couldn't want that whole process to be over more. I am so unbelievably completely grateful to be able to purchase a home. I wouldn't have been able to dream that we would be able to do this at our age in a million years, and not only a home, but a fairly big home, on a great lot, in a safe neighborhood, in San Diego, a hard housing market to purchase in. However, the journey has been long, and tiring and I am so ready to move in with my family and make it ours. I'm overjoyed at the feeling of moving. My excitement is sort of like the feeling when your husband carries you over the threshold after your wedding, only way cooler, and this time we'll have a 60 lb dog and 20 lb baby in our arms, too!

Life has been so busy recently I feel like I haven't had the time to sit back and enjoy each day, but the days are just mushing together and here were are in August already. There are so many things I would like to do with each day and before I know it, it's tomorrow. This weekend Michael and I are planning on spending a lot of time with each other, including a double date on Saturday night, but also doing fun things together. Lately we have been on the fast track and life has been slightly stressful around here. Last weekend we had an amazing conversation and figured out how to change the little things that need to be changed and our game plan for loving and respecting each other more. This weekend we are going to surf (well, Mama and Josiah will watch Daddy attempt to surf) we are going on a date with friend to a movie and dinner, seeing old friends for breakfast on Saturday morning, going to the park, and hoping to get this little man to start crawling and not doing the worm.

I want to pray more. One of my friends that I keep in touch with mostly thru facebook as we're in different cities has developed a prayer list. It has helped me also realize how many people in my life need prayer and the things in my life that I need to be giving up to the only one that can do something with my struggles. That's now on my to-do list for my "week off" that ends tomorrow : ) Make a prayer list. I have two sets of great friends that recently got engaged that I want to keep their engagement in my prayers and hope that God is preparing their hearts not only for their wedding day but to be wonderful partners in life together. I want to pray for particular things in my own life. My great friend that is having her first baby in just a few weeks, that she has a wonderfully safe and easy delivery. For Michael's unit as they train for a future deployment. For so so many things. Look....I've already started one.

Well....Michael just got home from work so I'm going to go enjoy my family. But more soon. : )

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!
    :)
    I try to make a prayer list mentally for every night, but you're right I agree I should be better at it to really remember loved ones at night. I will be praying for you Kristy that you find peace during chaos :)

    ReplyDelete