Well....after a year and a half I think I have decided to actually start writing again. I don't know if you know but having a child sort of takes up any and all time that you have to do, well, anything. Because of my lack of blogging over I have decided to sum up the most important memories in less than 30 seconds of your reading time...here we go!
1) Michael graduated EOD school and we moved from Florida to San Diego.
2) I went exactly 1 week past my due date and Josiah Daniel decided to join our family. He's the most amazing part of our lives.
3) Life with a newborn is crazy. We were challenged daily with our new little bundle and the first 2 months is a blurrrrrr.
4) At 3 months Josiah was rolling over, soon sitting up after that, and now he scoots (almost crawls) and is everywhere. My busy busy bumble bee (that's what I call him) and so much fun.
5) We are in the process of buying a home which is crazy exciting and crazy scary.
So if that's where you want to stop reading...well you got enough of the big things to know what's going on. But, if you want more info, keep reading!
I went back to work in March and work at Recreational Music Center. It's a non-profit community music school that is wonderful. I love that I'm back teaching. For me, it works. A lot of mothers have questioned my desire to go back to work and I feel that for some people it works and for others is doesn't. As I say to my students, "Don't yuck my yum." That goes for a lot of things but usually works the best when a student says their favorite artist is Justin Bieber and half the class yells, "ewwwww."
Anyhoo...because I went back to work Josiah had to start daycare. He goes to military daycare on Coronado. It's the greatest. So financially the best option, but also a brand new facility, the staff is amazing and is legitimately invested in his growth, development, and well-being. I couldn't be happier. They actually sound upset when I come in to take him because they are having so much fun with him.
What else? Michael and I sold the 2 door Civic. We were tired of having to put the baby in and out of a two door car. So not practical for children. We bought an economical Prius and have been hearing about how "yuppy" we are since. Say what you want but are YOU getting 52 miles to the gallon? Okay, then!
We put in an offer for a house in March that was a short sale. Well if you know anything about short sales, these sales are not SHORT at all. In fact, they should be called incredibly LONG and annoying sales. Anyways, we are close to the end of the process and are hoping to have a closing date by the end of the month, but we'll see. We are constantly praying for this and would love your prayers, too. We know that whatever God has in store for us will happen, and we just trust in that.
Josiah, Josiah, Josiah. That's basically our life. I can't even explain how much fun we have with him and how much we enjoy him. Every day is exciting and new and completely wonderful. Just seeing how much he does all the time makes every crazy moment with him seem like nothing.
Well, there is probably a lot of things I could add to this because I have about a years worth of life to try to fit in here, but let's just start fresh. I'll try to write once a week, but that's more like once a month for me : )
XOXO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment