Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I write in seasons...


I guess I’m the type of writer that likes to get hooked on writing for a couple months and then I fail for like…oh…a year!  Anyways, I have just recently had the desire to jot down some thoughts so here we are again. 

Time is crazy.  Thinking of life in terms of years, months, days, hours, etc.  I think back to how long it’s been since I posted on this thing and it feels like yesterday but then again it was so long ago that my son has stopped spitting up in an infant car seat to calling my name and running to greet me.  There is so much that can get done in a ‘short’ amount of time but then again it feels like you have accomplished nothing in months.  I am probably not making any sense to any of you but I am to myself and blogs are supposed to be writing therapy, right?

As we come up on the five week mark pre-deployment (with two and a half of those weeks having to be given to secret service) I am forced to think of my life in terms of days and hours versus the general day to day, month to month that most families live their lives around.  Instead of “what do you think we should do this summer” it’s more like “let’s stay home for Christmas this year.” 

I do have some awesome countdowns to share.  One – We’re going to Hawaii on May 24th.  Oh my heck I cannot believe it is coming so close and oh my heck I need to hit the gym.  Whatever, tankinis are HOT.  Two – Michael leaving means the countdown until he’s back in my arms, bed, life, head, and annoying me all the time.  That’s something to be excited to countdown for!  Three – I’m going to go to Canada and New York in August and show Josiah off to the family, FINALLY!  I could not be more excited to go.  Also, good friends of ours are getting married and I can’t wait to share in their special day.  There is going to be so much good happening that it makes it seem that my first deployment should go by fairly easy – until something inevitably comes up, like the pool explodes or something. 

Last thought I want to share then you can go about your day and get out of my boring life!  Jesus has been doing amazing things in my life recently.  I feel like His plan is so much greater and wonderful than I could have ever imagined.  Of course there are the things I never saw coming that just bless my life over and over. (cough….Josiah)  But, it’s the little things, too.  He has put in my life a women’s bible study group this is so unbelievable.  It’s crazy to think how he shaped those women and my life to get me there, to meet these ladies, to have these friendships, to walk together with the Lord.  I’m in awe.  My job is so rewarding and I’m always eager to see what’s in store for growth there.  The kids are hysterical and keep me laughing and on my toes all day long.  Quick funny moment from a few days ago:
Mrs. Aragon “Does anyone speak Spanish?” 
Cute little girl “I do!”
Mrs. Aragon “Oh, that’s awesome!  Do you speak fluently?”
Adorable little girl “No, I said I speak SPANISH!”

Hope that made you laugh!  But seriously, there are so many wonderful things to be thankful for.  In addition to the small group ladies I have also been added as a new member of the worship team at Eastlake.  Let me tell you my friends, Eastlake is no joke.  Thursday night rehearsal, Saturday rehearsal then service, Sunday morning rehearsal, then Sunday service.  Oh, there’s FOUR services on Sunday.  Completely normal, right?  Oh, and my face is filmed and plastered on the website for online viewers to watch across the country and world.  I’m making a big deal to be silly, but really I’m loving the new community of awesome musicians and getting to sing again!  Oh my goodness it’s been waaaaaay too long since I have just wailed and boy did it feel good.  Well, I guess I belted it out a little bit last week during one of my classes where a 3rd grader said “geesh, you should be on American Idol, I would vote for you.”  Well, thank you sir, that made my day : )

Here are some bible verses that have rocked my socks lately.  I hope you find them encouraging and uplifting. 

Isaiah 30:21
New International Version (NIV)
21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

Hebrews 11
Faith in Action 1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Hope your day is awesome!  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment