So, most of you all know that the past two months in the Aragon household has been the most trying times of our lives...so far. We have experienced so much disappointment and sadness as a family. It seems like it has been one things after the next after the next and we just can't get a break. Thank GOD for God - haha - but seriously, I don't know how I would have handled all of this stuff if it weren't for my faith. I wholeheartedly believe that there is a grand and wonderful plan for my family and if I stop trying to run my own life, it has a chance to be revealed.
Here's a BRIEF update of what's been going on...
1) Our closing date with our house fell thru as we learned there was moisture on the foundation of the house. We chose to not proceed for fear that it would cause problems with resale and possibly have foundation issues for us in the future. What a heartbreaking experience to have to bail on the house you had already completely fallen in love with. I had designed every room in my head, and it was already 'ours' in my mind.
2) Our landlord rented our house from under us forcing us to move out of our current living situation with an 8 month old. We had one week to find a new place to live, pack the house (while working full time) and move...oh and Michael was out of town on a secret service mission this whole time. Awesome.
3) We managed to find a rental only a few streets away. Here's what stinks...the house is not nearly as wonderful, it's $250 more a month, has hardly any backyard for Chloe to run, and the neighborhood is a lot less appealing than our last house. Dogs bark all night, there are randos walking the streets, a man came and rooted in my garbage before it was picked up a few mornings ago, and I feel less safe, overall. This isn't the best situation when your husband is gone....a lot.
4) To put the cherry on top, we were moved in for one day when we were served a letter that stated our landlord was not paying her mortgage and that under California state law we were responsible, as tenants, to pay our rent to our Landlord's bank. Are you KIDDING ME? Seriously?!?!?!?!?!? Man oh man, just being ATTACKED! Michael is going to Navy Legal today to find out more information. And Michael's dad, who is a lawyer, looked over the paperwork and agreed it was legit and that we do, in fact, need to pay the rent to the bank. I LOVE not getting my own house and then having to pay someone else's mortgage and pay into their equity of the house they can't make payments for. BLARG!
5) In addition to all of this, Josiah got an infection last week that added a trip to Urgent Care and postponed our mom and dad vacay to Ojai, CA and then there was the major blackout in San Diego that left our babysitters without power, in a screaming hot house, and we lost all of our food from the fridge and freezer. Again, Awesome.
6) Lastly, we put an offer on an AMAZING house. Like seriously, probably my dream house, which means it clearly shouldn't be coming at the age of 25, but anyhoo, we put an offer in. And we put an awesome offer in. Kick ass. A lot OVER asking price. Then we got a call and found out that within the pile of 25+ other offers of the same house we didn't get it. Probably another cash offer at asking price. Who does that? Who has hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash? GRRRR!
So...it's been hard. There have been many tears and a lot of consistent 'downs' and not a lot of ups. Well, a few ups...a few weekends ago we went to Disneyland to celebrate my Dad's 50th Birthday and we all ran the Disneyland half marathon. It was wonderful and everyone had a blast. Josiah was adorable watching the parades and shows. That was a wonderful trip. Then last weekend Michael's cousin got married in Ojai, CA and we decided to make that a mom and dad getaway. It was our first time leaving our little dude and surprisingly I didn't completely fall apart when leaving him. I fell apart a little, but not bad. Partly because we were leaving him in the wonderful hands of our great friends, Annie and Scott. I knew everything would be just fine. We had a wonderful adult getaway and it was so refreshing to get to fall in love again with Michael. We remembered what it was like to just be the two of us, even if it was just for a few days. But, by Sunday morning, the day we headed back, boy oh boy was I eager to see my little man.
Well, we are continually experiencing craziness in our life, and I'm sure that is how it will be for the rest of our lives. Life is journey and we're living it together. A great friend of mine has a blog and her tag line is "We may not have it all together but together we have it all." I love that. It's completely how I feel. I am so grateful for the things I do have, and what wonderful things they are. I have my husband, my baby, and that means all is well. And at least for now, we have a roof over our heads and so I really don't have anything to not be grateful for.
God has a perfect plan. And boy I can't wait for it to be revealed!
Until then....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so sorry you're having to deal with all of this. But I admire the manner in which you've handled it all. I don't know that I could do it. You're so strong and while this is all very trying, you've managed to still focus on the important things, the things that will always be there: Michael and Josiah.
ReplyDeleteI will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers that things start to look up and you'll start getting more good news than bad news.